At the bottom of this post you'll see some brief instructions on how to participate if you like...but read my 25 first, because I AGONIZED over them. Kthxbai...
- I get extremely anxious when I have to come up with information about myself. For example, 25 random things about me. Do they have to be interesting? I’m starting to sweat.
- I’m an under-reactor. Meaning: I’m unlikely to over-react to anything. My first reaction is always, “Oh, your going to be o.k., it’s no big deal...they’ll sew that limb back on, 50/60 stitches and you’ll be just fine.”
- I STILL scan pools for sharks, alligators and giant man-size snakes when I go swimming. Childhood horror movies = scarred for life.
- Coffee. Not sure what to say about how vital this is to the well being of those around me in the morning. But it is. So if you come to visit, bring some as an offering.
- I have two teenagers living at home – at the same time. My 15 ½ year old son who thinks of himself as the Golden Child (who aspires to be Sheldon from Big Bang Theory) and a 13 year old daughter who wants to be an Escalade driving CSI or a hairdresser. You envy me, don’t ya.
- I’m crooked. Not in a corrupt way, but in a tilted way. Every stinking picture I take looks like the subject is going to slide right out of the frame. I should carry a bubble level with me.
- I am a sucker for kid movies. Cartoons? Yes. Talking cartoon animals doing people stuff? Yes. Talking ‘real’ animals doing people stuff where their mouth movements are made by computer graphics? Bring. It. On.
- I don’t read the news. I know, I know…get over it. It isn’t for lack of wanting to know, it’s just…I’m not all that interested. There you have it. Take me or leave me.
- I’m a recovering Atheist. I don’t like anything to the extreme, so I’ve decided to cozy into an Agnostic state of being. I know enough to know that I don’t know enough about the world to make definitive judgments about anything. And…I’m hedging my bets, just in case. ;-)
- 25 facts is torture to me. As are pedicures, but I do them both in the best interest of spreading wit and beauty through the world. Wit as in my blog and beauty as in my toes.
- I’m fickle and jump from one idea to the next without actually ‘doing’ any of it.
- I am hugely under confident, thus the reason nothing really gets done (see #11). I have the idea, but lack the necessary esteem to move forward.
- I’ve been married for almost 20 years, to the SAME man, and have never regretted it. Not once. I firmly believe he is THE person for me. I hope for 20 more, at the minimum…40 would be great (hedging my bets again in case ‘someone’ is listening, see #9).
- I hate being asked about my ‘favorite [insert item/thing here]’. I love so many things and my ‘favorite [insert item/thing here]’ changes depending on the day of the week, the weather, my mood or the discovery of some new favorite.
- I discovered my thyroid cancer while sitting in Starbucks. Well, I discovered the lump that lead to the biopsy (3 needles in the neck, while awake – see #2) that lead to the surgery that lead to the radioactive iodine treatment. I made a Geiger counter practically wet itself with activity…it was awesome. Cancer gone and I now have a nifty scar to make up stories about. And I love that there is a Starbucks on practically every corner doing their part to inspire people to feel themselves up.
- I can’t whistle to save my life. I look like a fish out of water, dying from oxygen overload.
- My husband is a craft beer home-brewer. This isn’t a random fact about me, you say? Ok. I LOVE to drink the beer he brews, because it is truly awesome. I love beer (GOOD beer, not that yellow water most commercial breweries sell).
- I can parallel park like nobody’s business. I am excellent at it…as long as it is a two axel vehicle. I could park anything over two axels as long as I had a few hours to do it.
- I dream of being a travel writer.
- I have no desire to read books from all those “100 Books You Must Read In Your Lifetime Or You’ll Be Moron” lists. I want to read what I want to read…but I want to ‘look’ smart doing it.
- I am an overachiever when it comes to grades (I’m a 42 year old college student – on sabbatical at the moment).
- I look good in hats.
- I hate complimenting myself. Please see #22, because you are unlikely to experience me doing it again.
- My children’s safety is constantly on my mind. I fear the world and what it will do to them, despite my belief that humanity is generally good.
- I want to be a REAL blogger some day, if I can figure out how.
If you have a blog and want to participate add your own link to your own 25 things. Remember, just post a link to your POST, not your main blog link. Click here and get started by visiting: Randomosity. Enjoy!
Love it! Can totally relate and you made me giggle!ReplyDelete
We sound a lot alike! Btw, your #15 made me totally paranoid and now I'm feeling all over myself for lumps. You can worry about the sharks, I'll worry about finding random lumps on me. That's how I roll.ReplyDelete
My list is at: http://keenlykristin.com/2011/07/25-random-things-about-me-linky/
You did great! LOL. I cracked up... crooked? I gotta see some of those pictures! I feel your FUN with the teenagers. I have a 16 year old son and well...ReplyDelete
I am so #8. My Mom lives in another state and still calls me to tell me it's raining outside or there is a tornado headed my way, ;o) Seriously... I never know what's going on outside this house.
Patricia @ http://lemondropsdreamtoo.blogspot.com/